An advanced suspension system and overall lightness suits overnight hikes and longer mult-routes. Sized for women, the Mistral 55 is water-resistant, has reinforced webbing to protect your back, padded stabilizer fins and straps, attachment points for your stuff and hydration-ready sleeves and pockets. It uses MEC's Cross Wind back system: a 4mm steel wire creates a trampoline panel against your back. Lined with airmesh, it channels air into a space between the pack and your back to keep you cool as you ascend the steepest sections of trail.
- Made of 210-denier nylon with a water-resistant polyurethane coating.
- MEC Cross Wind backpanel uses a thin steel frame to create a trampoline panel next to your back and space for serious ventilation.
- Women's version has a shorter back length, sculpted shoulder straps and flared hip pads.
- Airmesh overlay on back panel and shoulder straps wicks sweat.
- Adjustable shoulder harness lets you adjust the torso length to get a great fit.
- Padded, contoured ergonomic straps have a height adjustable sternum strap with integrated whistle.
- Top loading design with an interior spindrift collar and a floating lid.
- Lid has a top pocket and a hidden security pocket underneath.
- Front stuff-it pocket with hook closure has an internal zippered pocket.
- Dual side mesh water bottles pockets.
- Hipbelt pockets let you keep snacks or a small camera within easy reach.
- Dual daisy chains on front panel and shoulder straps.
- Removable dual hook-and-loop straps and dual loops at bottom of pack, great for stowing axes or trekking poles.
- Hydration sleeve and elastic routing straps on right shoulder strap.
- Includes a rain cover made of lightweight polyester with a water resistant coating.
|Main fabric||210-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||Yes|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.