MEC Cabrio Jacket - Men's
Slick style that sheds rain without question. The Cabrio’s simple construction conceals its technical, waterproof-breathable heart. The 2-layer shell fabric keeps you dry and the separate twill lining moves easily over your layers and doesn't feel clammy or damp when you've been wearing it for a while. Accessible hand pockets store your keys, phone and cash.
- Waterproof-breathable face fabric is polyester with a polyurethane laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Fully seam-sealed for absolute waterproofness.
- Polyester twill lining lets jacket slide on easily.
- Hood is adjustable with a hidden drawcord.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Internal pocket stows small essentials.
- Low profile hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs.
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.