MEC Aquanator Jacket - Women's
MEC Aquanator Jacket - Women's
- Available prices Clearance price $94.00 From $94.00 to $135.00 $94.00 – $135.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Totally waterproof and moderately breathable, the Aquanator is an all-rounder for the rainy season or for wet-weekend campouts. The design has the minimalist leanings of our alpine jackets, but uses 2.5 layer Pertex Shield to make it versatile and keep the cost ultra-reasonable. The waterproof-breathable fabric keeps you from getting wet or feeling clammy during moderate activity, say hiking in Kananaskis country or exploring Fogo Island, and underarm zips add venting if end up working a little harder.
- Made of 40-denier nylon in a 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable construction. Fabric has a Pertex Shield polyurethane membrane and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Seams are fully taped.
- Attached hood is adjustable with rear and side toggles. Laminated brim sheds rain away from your face.
- Full-length front zipper has a storm flap for extra protection.
- Chin guard is lined with soft fleece.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets.
- Underarm zips let you vent heat when you're working hard.
- Cuffs are adjustable with hook-and-loop closures.
- Shockcord adjustable hem is slightly dropped in the back for more rear coverage.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.