MEC Light Obsession Hoodie - Women's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
For exacting mountain settings where balance is key to success. The Light Obsession Hoodie is a highly breathable layer you won't need to strip off as your intensity level rises. Wear it as a jacket in cool weather, layered under a protective shell, or carry it as a reserve layer when conditions are mild. Thermolite Micro insulation quilted to 20-denier lining provides all-over warmth and efficient moisture transfer, plus it's compressible enough to fit inside the chest pocket. Developed as an ultralight option for alpinists, hikers and skiers, it became a noted favourite of MEC’s gear testers who prized its all-day utility and its pared-back minimalist style.
- Face fabric is lightweight 20-denier ripstop nylon that's very breathable but still wind resistant.
- DWR finish sheds light precipitation.
- Fully insulated with 60g of synthetic insulation.
- Adjustable hood is compatible with climbing helmets.
- Full length front zipper has an interior storm flap with a stiffener to prevent snags.
- Raglan sleeves are comfortable under pack straps.
- Zippered chest pocket doubles as a stuff sack.
- Hand pockets store small essentials or warm frigid digits.
- Elastic edge binding on cuffs and shockcord adjustable hem seal in heat.
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||20-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.