MEC Alpine Ally Pants - Women's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
We've probably said this before, but the Alpine Ally layers really are a champagne product on a PBR budget. The 3-layer nylon offers the performance of well-known fabrics, but the raw material costs considerably less. They have a full set of backcountry-worthy features: contoured waistband and a fly, shockcord at the hems and taped seams to keep them waterproof. Cut to slide over hiking or mountaineering boots (but too slim for most ski boots) they are robust enough for all-mountain adventures from trailhead to summit.
- 3-layer 70-denier nylon fabric has a waterproof breathable laminate and a DWR finish and is fully seam taped for full waterproof protection.
- Contoured waistband has belt loops and a zippered fly.
- Zippered thigh pocket has an expanding side gusset, a key hook and a storm flap to keep rain out.
- 3/4 length side zippers have two sliders at the top for venting options and one at the bottom for eay on/off over mountaineering or hiking boots.
- Knee articulation darts increase your range of motion.
- Reinforced kick patches are made with polyester and Kevlar for great abrasion resistance.
- Snap adjustable cuffs have a boot lace hook and grommets for adding your own instep cord.
- Recco® Rescue System reflector is detectable by ski patrol and rescue teams. Useful for resort skiing, it is not a substitute for skills training, beacons, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Venting||¾-length waterproof leg zips|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Petite inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. If your leg length is shorter or equal to the 'petite' size inseam on this chart, pick a 'petite' if available. 'Petite' pants also have a slightly shorter rise. Not all pants are offered in 'petite' sizes.