MEC Newt Suit - Infants
MEC Newt Suit - Infants
- Available prices $59.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
We need some downtime. For the next 65 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Cannot be shipped to USA.
The MEC Newt Suit is an outdoor classic that provides full coverage and has taped seams for excellent protection in wet conditions. It's great for a baby's first encounters with the fascinating world of rain and puddles, and will keep them dry and comfortable wherever you take them to explore.
- Made from a robust nylon mini-ripstop with a polyurethane coating.
- DWR finish for maximum waterproofing.
- Seams are fully taped, so rain can't work in through the seams.
- Full coverage without gaps or places to become untucked.
- Hood has a brim and elasticized sides to keep water off from a child's head and face.
- 2 water-resistant Uretek coated front zips open to the waist, making it relatively easy to get on and off.
- All cuffs are elasticized for a snug, comfortable fit.
- Reflective trim for heightened visibility.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.