MEC Aquanator Jacket - Girls' - Youths
A little rough weather should not prevent dedicated adventurers from getting outside. The fully waterproof-breathable fabric on the Aquanator Jacket ensures dryness through wet and windy conditions. The girls jacket is more tailored through the body, but easily fits over several warm layers or just a light jacket as conditions require. Longer cut provides good coverage.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 75-denier polyester with a polyurethane waterproof breathable coating and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Fully lined with polyester mesh that slides well over a fleece or sweatshirt and is soft against skin when you wear the jacket over a t-shirt.
- Zippered hand pockets for thawing fingers.
- Storm flap over zipper keeps weather out.
- Elasticized cuffs seal out the cold and damp.
- Reflective details for low-light visibility.
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.