Take on surprise downpours and drizzle in this shoulder-season staple, or wear it right through you peak-season riding. Burton’s DryRide Ultrashell is a tech waterproof-breathable fabric that makes the Portal Jacket a haven from the droplets. It packs light, is great for everyday wear, and works with your jeans and sneaks as you make your way through the world.
- Burton DryRide Ultrashell is a 2-layer waterproof-breathable polyester fabric.
- Hydro Coating DWR finish sheds wetness.
- Fully lined with mesh through the body and taffeta in the sleeves, so it breathes and slides on and off.
- Taped seams keep out water.
- Adjustable hood.
- Front zipper with internal storm flap and chafe-free chin guard.
- Zippered chest pocket and hand warmer pockets.
- Elastic cuffs.
- Hem cinch.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|