This smart headlight and tail light bundle can communicate with light-sensing Edge cycle computers, like the Edge 1000. They turn on and adjust brightness in response to changing light conditions. When paired with an Edge, the headlight can also adjust its beam to your speed, projecting farther or nearer as you need it. And the tail light brightens as traffic approaches from behind. Without being paired with an Edge, the lights still function, but won't respond automatically to light or speed.
- Both lights integrates with compatible Edge cycling computers.
- Headlight has high, low and auto modes. Tail Light has steady and flash.
- Headlight battery life (high mode) is 2.5 hours. Tail Light is 4 hours.
- Headlight charge time is 6 hours. Tail Light is 2 hours.
- Communicates with the Garmin Varia using ANT and ANT+.
- Includes Varia headlight, Varia Tail Light, Varia remote with road bike mount and mountain bike mount, universal out-front mount, seat-post quarter turn mount, tail light multi-location quarter-turn mount, micro USB cable and manual.
- Headlight is 4.8 x 9.2 x 4cm, tail light is 3.8 x 9.2 x 1.7cm.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||1 LED|
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Red light mode||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|