The Varia tail light detects approaching vehicles up to 140m away and lights up the LED indicators on your bars to snap your attention back to the road if your mind has wandered. It alerts vehicles to your presence too, as traffic gets closer the red tail light bar expands from 2 to 8 LEDs. When paired with a compatible Edge cycling computer, radar information is displayed with both visual and audible cues about the approaching vehicle’s status. It's not a guarantee you won’t be hit from behind, but it is one more thing between you and serious accident.
- Radar display unit mounts using Garmin’s quarter turn mounts.
- Radar unit displays indicators for distance and number of approaching cars.
- Battery status light for tail light and radar unit.
- Integrates with compatible Edge cycling computers
- Dimensions of radar display are 6 x 3.4 x 1.9 cm, tail light is 7.3 x 4.4 x 2.3cm.
- Solid and flashing modes.
- Battery life (high power mode) is 5 hours.
- Charge time is 2 hours.
- Communicates with the Garmin Varia using ANT and ANT+.
- Includes Varia radar display unit, tail light, Stem mount, Seat-post quarter-turn mount, universal seat-post quarter-turn mount, micro USB cable and manual.