This savvy little tail light can communicate with light sensing Edge cycle computers, like the Edge 1000 to turn on and adjust brightness in response to changing light conditions. When paired with an Edge, it can also change its brightness to alert traffic approaching from behind of your presence. Without being paired with an Edge, it still function as a tail light, but won't respond to changing light levels or approaching vehicles.
- Pair with another Varia Smart Tail Light and the Varia Remote to make it function as a turn signal.
- Integrates with compatible Edge cycling computers.
- Dimensions are 3.8 x 9.2 x 1.7cm.
- Steady and flashing modes.
- Battery life (steady mode) is 4 hours.
- Charge time is 2 hours.
- Communicates with the Garmin Varia using ANT and ANT+.
- Includes Varia tail light, seat-post quarter-turn mount, universal quarter-turn mount, micro USB cable and manual.
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Light source||1 superbright LED|
|Burn Time - steady||4 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
The amount of time it takes to fully charge the battery. Applies to lithium and NiMH type batteries. Does not apply to rechargeable or non-rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
|Power supply||USB charger|
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Emits red light||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|