MEC Rain Pants - Children
MEC Rain Pants - Children
- Available prices Clearance price $21.00 $21.00
- Original price $30.00
Free shipping on orders over $50. In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If its not working out like you expected, you can return it
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Cannot be shipped to USA.
Built to take the wettest weather and the splashiest activities imaginable. The seams on these rain pants are fully-taped and the fabric has a durable waterproof coating. Ideal in extremely wet conditions when the goal is to stay completely dry.
- Made of durable 70-denier ripstop nylon with a polyurethane coating and a highly effective DWR (durable water repellent) finish, for full-on weather resistance.
- Fully-taped seams for complete waterproof protection.
- Elasticized, pull-on waist for a comfortable fit over layers
- Elasticized lower leg openings seal out drafts and water.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.