MEC Rain Pant - Youths
Built for the wettest weather and the splashiest activities. The seams are fully-taped and the fabric has a durable waterproof coating. Ideal in extremely wet conditions when the goal is to stay completely dry.
- Made of durable 70-denier ripstop nylon with a polyurethane coating and a highly effective DWR (durable water repellency) finish, for full-on weather resistance.
- Fully taped seams for complete waterproof protection.
- Elasticized, pull-on waist for a comfortable fit over layers
- Elasticized lower leg openings seal out drafts and water.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.