Tough and protective, to see you through many kilometres. The Cascadia 11 blends the features of a running shoe with the toughness of an off-road shoe to create a flexible yet supportive platform and smooth heel-to-toe transitions.
- Uppers are synthetic microfibre with moisture-managing mesh and lining.
- Closed-cell hydrophobic foam in tongue and heel prevents water absorption on wet trails.
- Protective overlay in toes and forefoot.
- Full-length sock liners.
- Midsoles have full-length S-257 Cushole materials, plus a gel-like fluid that stays flexible under low impact and strong under high impact for super-efficient cushioning.
- Ballistic Rock Shield under the forefoot protects from small stones and bumps on the trail.
- BioMoGo co-polymer foam disperses impact, and provides better rebound and durability than conventional EVA.
- Segmented caterpillar crash pad in the heels stabilize and smooth transitions.
- Pivot structures in the rear midfoot and forefoot minimize force on the sides of the shoe when running uneven terrain.
- Outsoles are a durable non-petroleum dispersed silica compound for traction.
- Lugs provides good hill traction with subtly bevelled heel lugs to promote a neutral gait on heel strike.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.