When in a hunting dive, the peregrine falcon is considered the fastest bird on the planet. These trail runners honour that raptor. They have a minimalist design, and are built for speed and responsiveness. Rubberized toes add protection and the high-traction sole swoops around curves.
- Uppers are breathable synthetic mesh with Flexfilm for a seamless feel.
- Sockliners and gusseted tongues keep debris out.
- Midsole has EVERUN in the heel to dissipate shock and absorb impact.
- EVA foam blend maximizes shock absorption and extends durability.
- Bedrock shield protects your foot from stone bruises.
- PWRTRAC outsole is tacky, durable rubber for grip and abrasion resistance.
- Multi-directional lugs assure traction on ascents and descents.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.