La Sportiva Katana Lace Up Rock Shoes - Unisex
Named for a Japanese single-edged sword, these sharp-end shoes suit experienced climbers with acute footwork skills. Slip lasted, they give you the performance of a lined shoe with the comfort and sensitivity of one that's unlined.
- Uppers are made of leather and Lorica® synthetic leather.
- Partially lined, with slip-lasted tube construction.
- Asymmetric shape provides power to the toe to defeat micro nubbins or foolishly thin edges.
- Midsole has a P3 power platform for added cutting power.
- Sole is 4mm Vibram® XS Edge™ rubber which is more durable and edges better than XS Grip rubber.
A flat profile suits long routes and cracks. Curved shoes allow precision and good edging. Hooked shoes are down-turned and tensioned, for power to the toe on steep or overhanging routes.
Highly asymmetric shoes allow more precision and focused power. Symmetrical shoes are more comfortable for all-around climbing.
Stiffness is provided by the type of sole and the tensioning system. Softer shoes allow more precision. Supportive shoes prevent fatigue.
|Uppers||Leather + synthetic|
A highly tensioned shoe tends to push your foot forward to create a powerful curve in your toes.
|Outsoles||4mm Vibram XS Edge|