New Balance 1080v6 Road Running Shoes - Men's
A luxury ride. Premium technologies work together to deliver lasting comfort. The Fresh Foam cushioning is simply awesome for high-mile runners and the drop and neutral support will suit traditional, heel strike striders.
- Uppers are breathable air mesh with un-stitched construction.
- Generous toe box and vamp allow for toe splay during takeoff.
- Bootie construction helps hold your foot securely in place.
- Asymmetric heel counter for lateral support and stability.
- OrthoLite footbed for luxurious cushioning.
- Midsoles are soft but inherently stable Fresh Foam.
- Outsoles are blown rubber for durability.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.