An ultralight solution for thru-hikers and long distance backpackers, it offers bug-proof shelter and a well-ventilated living space. The design has clips that connect it with an MSR Thru-Hiker Wing to create a rain-proof shelter on nights when the storm clouds roll in.
- Made of nylon micromesh, with a polyurethane coated nylon floor. For extended use or on rough ground, an (optional) footprint is recommended.
- A-frame style, it's supported by your trekking poles or by trees.
- Stake-out points on all 4 corners to hold it taut.
- Single zippered D-shaped door.
- Fits 2 large sleeping pads with room for gear.
- Compatible with Thru-Hiker Wind 70 and 100, with clips to connect the wing with the mesh house.
- Includes 6 MSR 6in. Needle stakes and 2 lengths of 1.8mm red reflective guyline.
|Canopy mesh||10-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||15-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.96m|
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||25 x 10cm|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.