Snow overnight? Thick mud? Assorted muck? No problem with a fat bike. As your elected cycling representative, the Mayor rolls through whatever the seasons throw. The mega-wide wheelset powers through deep snow or thick mud, and the hydro-formed aluminum frame has a beefed-up rear triangle for added stiffness even under big touring or commuting loads. To keep tackling technical trails in sloppy conditions, it's equipped with a RockShox Bluto fork and a 10-speed SRAM gruppo. The wide-ranging gear ratio lets you mountain-goat up a snowy climb and hammer through the mud pit at the bottom the drop. Tried-and-true mechanical discs yield solid stopping power and stability, while the aptly named Snowshoe XL tires float over squishy ground.
- Hydro-formed 6061 aluminum frame is lightweight and tough.
- Beefed-up rear triangle adds stiffness for sprinting, and can handle large loads when running a rack setup.
- RockShox Bluto fork features a tapered steerer tube, adjustable dampening and a tunable solo air spring.
- 10-speed SRAM X7 gruppo is smooth shifting, easy to maintain and reliable.
- Mechanical disc brakes provide solid all-weather stopping power.
- Rack mounts open up touring or commuting possibilities.
- Monster-sized tires track through deepness.
- Sealed KT hubs survive the grime and grit of winter.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||RSD 6061 aluminum|
|Stem||Easton EA70 31.8mm|
|Headset||Cane Creek ZS-44|
|Handlebars||Easton EA70 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Race Face Strafe|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Avid BB7 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Avid BB7|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X7 Type 2|
|Crank + rings||Race Face Turbine Cinch 32T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Vee Snowshoe XL 26 x 4.8|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Sport|