A lightweight freestanding tent for 3 in a design that gives lots of liveable space. It has a higher ceiling than most backpacking tents, so you can all sit up and play crazy 8s. The weight savings come from the clever, convenient construction: airy mesh on the side, top and doors with a fly fixed to the tent. On the sides, 2 gear closets give you space to stash spare gear to keep it out of the way for your morning breakfast exit. Comes with Sierra Designs fabric globe that turns your headlamp into an instant lantern.
- Lightweight 20-denier nylon no-see-um mesh section in the main body, door and foot area for venting and cross-breezes to cut down condensation.
- Bathtub floor is 70-denier nylon taffeta with a polyurethane coating.
- Fly is 75-denier polyester taffeta with a polyurethane coating (compared to nylon, polyester is more UV-resistant and stretches less when wet).
- Poles made of high-quality aluminum DAC pressfit.
- Tall inner peak for headroom so you can sit up inside.
- Symmetrical dome shape lets you sleep head-to-head or head-to-foot.
- Hybrid double/single wall construction makes for easy set up, especially in the rain. Just peg out the corners and clip on the poles – the fly stays on top the whole time.
- Instead of a vestibule, there’s an awning to protect you from the weather and let you see the view.
- 2 side areas give you a dry spot to store gear under the fly. Access them from zippered doors inside the tent.
- 2 large upside-down U-shaped doors gives you lots of room to get in and out, and are big enough for 2 to sit by side and look outside.
- Doors have mesh uppers with fabric panels you can zip over if it’s chilly.
- Comes with Sierra Designs night glow, a lightweight polyester lantern globe that slips over your headlamp and suspends from the ceiling (headlamp not included).
- Includes 12, 7001 aluminum hex stakes and 4 guylines.
- Footprint sold separately.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||20-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||75-denier polyester|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.08m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||16.5 x 52cm|
|Pole diameter||9mm, 9.5mm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.65sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.65sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.