Sierra Design’s most lightweight freestanding tent in a design that gives lots of liveable space. It uses ultralight fabrics and a clever, convenient construction: airy mesh on the side, top and doors with a fly fixed to the tent. On the sides, 2 gear closets give you space to stash spare gear under the fly, so it’s out of the way when you climb out to make coffee.
- Super lightweight 15-denier nylon no-see-um mesh section in the main body, door and foot area for venting and cross-breezes to cut down condensation.
- Bathtub floor is 30-denier nylon ripstop with a durable polyethylene coating.
- Fly is 20-denier polyester ripstop with a polyethylene coating (compared to nylon, polyester is more UV-resistant and stretches less when wet).
- Poles made of high-quality aluminum DAC pressfit.
- Hybrid double/single wall construction makes for easy set up, especially in the rain. Just peg out the corners and clip on the poles – the fly stays on top the whole time.
- Instead of a vestibule, there’s an awning to protect you from the weather and let you see the view.
- 2 side areas give you a dry spot to store gear under the fly. Access them from zippered doors inside the tent.
- Large upside-down U-shaped door gives you lots of room to get in and out.
- Door has mesh upper with a fabric panel you can zip over if it’s chilly.
- Includes 10, 7001 aluminum J stakes and 4 guylines.
- Footprint sold separately.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||20-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyethylene|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.08m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||15 x 48cm|
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.5sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.5sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.