If you find traditional sleeping bags too restricting, this adaptable system might be the answer. The Backcountry Bed is a modified quilt, designed for those who curl up on their side, sleep feet out, or stomach down. When the temperature drops, you can tuck the sides snuggly around you, on warm nights you can slide your feet outside the foot vent. If you tend to change positions as you sleep, the sleeping pad sleeve will prevent your pad from migrating away over the course of a night.
- Shell and lining are 30-denier polyester ripstop.
- 600 fill-power duck DriDown is treated so it absorbs less moisture, retains loft and dries 33% faster than untreated down.
- No zip, toggles, Velcro or cords.
- Catenary opening is narrower than the width of the bag, as you push out, the walls push in to seal out drafts.
- Uninsulated sleeping pad sleeve on the bottom side, keeps the weight and bulk minimal.
- Fits sleeping pads 51cm wide.
- Insulated pockets provide insulation under your arms and allow you to tuck the side in to prevent drafts, or open it up on a warm night.
- Zipperless foot vent folds closed and can be kicked open when needed.
|Seasons||3-season (-2°C to -12°C)|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Insulation||600 fill-power water-repellent duck down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
|Construction||Baffle + Comforter|
|Face fabric||30-denier ripstop polyester|
The size of the bag when compressed using ASTM standard. This measurement is not available for all brands.
|Recommended Compression Sack||20L|
|Packed size||20 x 38cm|
EN Comfort Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Comfort Rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average woman (or "cold sleeper") comfortable.
EN Limit Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Limit Rating is the lowest temperature at the average man (or "warm sleeper) can sleep in a curled body position for 8 hours without feeling cold.
|Length||Fits up to 5' 8" (172 cm)|
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.