Get versatility underfoot to go from squat thrusts to give-and-go drills. The Free Train TR6 has Nike Flywire support cables sewn asymmetrically in key areas for medial arch support without added weight. A Tri-Star pattern cut into the sole moves with your foot naturally and rubber pods on the edges offer up traction and stability.
- Breathable upper provides multi-directional stretch and strength.
- Lightweight mesh has open areas for ventilation and closed areas for training-specific support.
- Nike Flywire cable uses strong filaments to provide support, wrapping from medial arch to lateral forefoot to provide a secure fit.
- Sandwich mesh lining in the forefoot adds subtle cushioning for comfort.
- Moulded foam wraps the ankle for support.
- Midsole provides cushioning and is durable enough to double as the sole, dramatically reducing the overall weight.
- Outrigger adds lateral stability.
- Flex grooves are hot-knife cut into the sole for natural flexibility and Tri-Star pattern allows equal pressure dispersal throughout your step.
- Rubber pods wrap laterally for traction and stability.
|Ideal for||Fitness and training|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.