Safety for little riders on balance bikes or whooshing along in bike trailers. The fit system stretches to accommodate fast-growing kids, and the soft strap keep it comfortable with the buckle is closed.
- In-mold construction with EPS foam for protection.
- Elastic fit system to adjust as heads grow.
- Designed and tested for CPSC 1+-year-old safety standard certification.
- Includes soft inner pads.
- Netting over front vent holes for bug protection.
- Fleece-lined buckle pad is nice against skin.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).
|CPSC 16 CFR 1203|