As far as all around rims go, Mavic's Open series have been a go-to for riders for decades. When mated to a reliable Shimano Sora cup and cone hubs, you've got a rock solid combination ready for many, many miles of hard training, commuting or touring. Double wall rims survive the grit and grime of winter riding, while 15mm wide rims accommodate tires ranging from old school 23s to burly 32s.
- Mavic Open Sport double wall rims feature machined sidewalls and wear indicator.
- Sora 3500 hub is no nonsense cone and cup design for easy long-term maintenance.
- 32 hole rim laced to hub is hand built.
- Accommodates 19 to 32mm tires.
- 15mm inner rim width.
- Freehub accommodates 8,9 or 10 speed cassettes.
|Recommended tire width||19-32mm|
|Brake compatibility||Rim brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
|Rear hub width||130mm|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Rims||Mavic Open Sport|