The Storm keeps getting better. It has 5 different modes plus a dimming and strobe feature. It offers a 3-level power meter in distance and proximity modes so you know how much battery juice is left. Independent control of white, red and green (night vision) lights.
- 3-level power meter in distance and proximity modes lets you know how much battery power is left.
- PowerTap™ feature on the housing takes you from any brightness mode to full power with a single tap. Tap it again to return lighting level. Works with gloved hands.
- Lock-out mode with indicator prevents accidental power on.
- Regulated output maximizes battery life.
- Red and green night vision modes have dimming and strobe modes
- Dust and water sealed
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||2m|
|Beam distance - med||10m|
|Beam distance - high||80m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||3 LEDs + 1 red LED + 1 green LED|
|Burn time - flash||200+ h|
|Burn time - low||150 h|
|Burn time - med||60 h|
|Burn time - high||20 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
|Wide and spot|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Power supply||Replaceable batteries|
|Emits red light||Yes|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||4 AAA (included)|