The Mallet 1 offer great value with the same chromoly axle as more expensive pedals in the line, but with a lighter, 2-piece composite body. The wide platform lends itself to DH, enduro and freeride biking.
- Body is 2-piece composite, spring is stainless steel.
- Wing is stamped steel.
- Spindle is 435 chromoly.
- Double-lip internal seal and external seal keep out water and debris to extend pedal life.
- Inner glide bearings perform in adverse conditions.
- Enduro cartridge bearing has great corrosion resistance and superior tolerance.
- Includes premium brass cleats with shims.
- Release angle is 15 or 20 degrees.
Clipless pedals require compatible cycling shoes, flat pedals work with any type of shoe, pins add grip to flat pedals, and some clipless pedals have a flat pedal on one side so you can mix things up.
Degrees of float
Float allows side to side movement of the foot while the foot is clipped in. This promotes comfort and helps prevent knee problems.