Equal parts burly and light, for days of enduro or freeriding. The Maxtal aluminum rims have burly sidewalls and are stronger and lighter than standard 6106 alloy hoops. Super wide 23mm internal rim width work with high volume tires, so you can hit the perfect pressure for any trail. Need to go tubeless? No sweat – they are UST tubeless compatible, and come with sealant and all the UST goodies. Light, strong Zicral spokes help keep tension pitch-perfect while offering a comfortable degree of shock absorption. Double-sealed and micro-adjustable QRM cartridge bearings are buttery smooth, and won't get rough after long days (or seasons) of wet weather shredding. To get you dialled for shredding, these beauties come pre-wrapped with aggressively treaded Mavic Guard 2 rubber.
- 650b Maxtal alloy rims are lightweight and UST tubeless compatible.
- Inter spoke milling creates a light, stiff and durable rim.
- 23mm internal rim width.
- Bladed Zicral spokes provide an excellent strength to weight ratio.
- Spoke count is 24 in the front and rear.
- Crossmax aluminum hubs with aluminum axle.
- QRM cartridge bearings are sealed and easy to adjust.
- ITS-4 freehub body provides outstanding engagement and is 11spd compatible.
- 100mm front and 135mm rear hub width.
- Mavic Guard 2 tires with dual ply construction prevent pinchflats at low pressures and are suited to aggressive enduro riding.
- Includes 2 bottles of Mavic sealant, UST valve and accessories, front 15mm adaptor, and 12x142mm rear adaptor.
- Wheel weight (without tires): 1710 grams.
|Brake compatibility||Disc brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
|Presta + Schrader|
|Hub (front)||Mavic Crossmax|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.