Svelte, rapid and stiff, Ksyrium Elites are an excellent everyday choice for committed riders and racers. Wide internal rim width lets you use high volume tires and lower PSIs, for a smooth rolling, comfortable ride. The machined aluminum braking surface prevents grabby performance, and is tough enough for a few seasons of hard road or CX riding. A relatively low spoke count (18 front, 20 rear) provides excellent aerodynamics. Buttery cartridge bearings won't let you down after hard training sessions in the rain, and are about as easy-to adjust as it gets. To top it off, these aluminum hoops come pre-mounted with sticky and supple 25mm Yksion pro tires.
- Maxtal aluminum rims with UB control braking surface are light, stiff and durable.
- Straight pull-bladed spokes with radial lacing in front and radial/cross-laced in rear.
- Spoke count is 18 (front), 20 (rear).
- Aluminum body hubs and axles.
- Sealed cartridge bearings are easy to adjust and smooth.
- FTS-L steel freehub body features excellent engagement.
- 25mm Yskion Pro Griplink tires are fast-rolling, puncture resistant and supple.
- BR301 quick releases are among the best in the business – lightweight and solid.
- Total weight without skewers or tires: 1550g.
- Adjustment wrench included.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
|Brake compatibility||Rim brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
|Hub (front)||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Mavic Ksyrium Elite|
|Rims||Mavic Ksyrium Elite|