Don't let the understated looks and urban style fool you – this is a truly technical jacket that offers winter protection on breath-catching cold days. Unlike many insulated jackets, it uses a waterproof-breathable shell to keep sleet, showers and freezing rain from soaking through. Winter-proof features include a storm placket behind the zipper, an adjustable, insulated hood and sufficient length to prevent a cold gap from forming when you're seated or brushing snow off the top of the car.
- Shell is waterproof, breathable, 2-layer H2No nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Lightweight recycled-polyester ripstop lining glides over layers.
- Insulated compressible 600 fill-power traceable down.
- Insulated hood is adjustable.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets and 1 zippered chest pocket.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs seal out weather.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyester|
|Lining/backer||22-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||600 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.