When winter storm cycles are set to repeat, this insulated parka helps you brave blowing snow, angry cold snaps and 40cm accumulations. The 2-layer exterior shell is waterproof and breathable and has the look of rugged aged canvas. DWR-treated, it prevents snowmelt from soaking through and sheds all kinds of winter muck. High-loft polyester throughout (including the hood) traps warm air and forms a barrier against wind. Gusseted underarms allow for unimpeded shoulder and arm motion – so you can really hit your shovelling groove.
- Durable nylon shell could pass for cotton canvas and has a H2No Performance Standard, 2-layer, waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to keep you dry.
- Fully insulated with high-loft 150g Thermogreen polyester insulation with 92% recycled content.
- Lined with lightweight, recycled polyester Pertex Quantum fabric that slides on easily over layers.
- Insulated hood is adjustable with just one hand. Interior rib-knit storm collar cuts drafts when hood is down.
- Full-length zipper has an external storm flap with hidden snaps.
- Lots of pockets for storage: 2 front cargo pockets with hidden snap closures, 2 handwarmer pockets with waterproof zippers, 1 chest pocket hidden inside storm flap and 1 interior zippered security pocket.
- Adjustable cuffs with rib-knit interior storm cuffs help protect you from cold wind.
- Interior waist drawcord snugs in warmth.
- Mid-thigh length with drop-tail hem for maximum coverage on blustery days.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Insulation||150g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.