The benefits of wide rims are hard to refute. Case in point, the Heist. With a 24mm internal width, this lightweight wheelset is for XC riders looking to hit the sweet spot amongst stability, weight and traction. Tubeless ready, they offer the best in ride feel and tire pressure control. Three-cross lacing mated to 28 brass nipples keep things running true.
- Welded aluminum rims with 24mm internal width and 20mm depth.
- Tubeless ready rim is torsionally stiff, tubeless ready rim tape and valve come pre-installed.
- Double-butted spokes are three-cross laced for excellent responsiveness and durability.
- Spoke count is 28 in the front and rear.
- Brass nipples.
- 6-bolt disc X5 hubs.
- Easton X5 hubs feature super smooth sealed cartridges.
- Shimano/SRAM 10sp hub is 11sp compatible.
- Compatible with QR or thru-axle setups (adaptors included).
- Wheelset weight is 1650g.
|Brake compatibility||Disc brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
|Hub (front)||Easton X5|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.