Italian engineering for gnarly bouts of Belgian-style cyclocross. Light yet burly, the Columbus aluminum frame is built for the rigours of hard cyclocross and all-weather riding. Tapered headtube with a slackened angle is plenty stiff, and keeps its handling nimble for surgical levels of precision through corners. The tire clearance lets you use massive tires for truly horrendous muddy courses, or for adding fenders when commuting or winter training. Mud, rain or snow, expect consistent power and modulation from the Shimano mechanical disc brakes. Reliable and smooth, Shimano's 11-speed 105 is a masterclass in performance and wallet saving affordability. A host of Cinelli components including a stem, seatpost and handlebars, tie this elegant and competent package together.
- Triple butted 7005 series Columbus Zonal aluminum tubing.
- Cyclocross geometry and extended rear stays reduce mud buildup.
- Tapered headtube boosts stiffness.
- Raised bottom bracket improves clearance while aiding tight cornering.
- Columbus carbon fibre fork.
- Top-mounted cable routing for comfortable shoulder carrying.
- Cinelli disc wheels are solid performers for racing or commuting.
- Challenge Grifo tires.
- 11-speed Shimano 105 shifters and derailleurs are smooth and consistent.
- FSA Gossamer Pro crank is 46T/36T.
- Shimano BR-R317 mechanical disc brakes.
- Cinelli Vai stem, seatpost and handlebars
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to ay MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Established in 1947, Cinelli is one of the most respected brands in cycling. Designed in Settala, Italy, each bike reflects a passionate commitment to artistry, performance and quality.
|Frame||Cinelli Zydeco aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||Cinelli Vai 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Cinelli Vai 31.6mm|
|Handlebars||Cinelli Vai Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-R317 (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 46-36T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Exo|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Tires||Challenge Grifo 700 x 32|
|Saddle||San Marco Era|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.