A truly audacious line requires just-right conditions and the right mindset to envision it. The Farpoint Jacket offers up the performance of a soft shell in a super-lightweight package you'd likely mistake for a wind shell. Designed to protect you from light precipitation when you're moving hard and fast, it's incredibly breathable and offers good wind resistance. A great option for alpine climbing, ski touring, scrambling, or mountain biking. It has a fully helmet compatible hood and is compressible enough to stuff into its own chest pocket to clip to a harness or slip in a pack.
- This product is seconds quality, as the interior print is slightly visible on the jacket's exterior.
- Made of nylon Airtastic soft shell fabric that effectively blocks wind.
- Elasticized hood fits under a helmet and is easy to pull on or off.
- Partially elasticized hem and cuffs are lightweight but seal out drafts.
- Zippered pocket on chest has a reverse coil zipper and doubles as the jacket's stuff sack.
- Full-length lightly stiffened internal storm flap behind zipper.
- Machine wash in cold. Do not bleach or dry clean. Tumble dry on low.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Fabric content||100% nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 external chest|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|