For deep backcountry settings where conditions change rapidly and the option to keep pushing comes down to preparation and your ability to adapt. The Reconnaissance Jacket sets you up with a breathable big-mountain system, using supple soft shell construction through the body with waterproof-breathable shell overlays for protection and durability where you need it. A DWR finish and taped seams shed precip and muck and the low-profile cuffs layer tightly under your gloves. An articulated fit doesn't billow in the wind or as you swivel through the trees. Pockets include 2 self-lined handwarmers, 2 chest pockets (one with internal cable routing), and one sizeable interior for goggles or gloves.
- Main fabric is lightweight polyester softshell that is water resistant, very stretchy and exceptionally breathable.
- Nylon overlays on shoulders, arms and hood use a 3-layer waterproof breathable technology for extra waterproofing.
- DWR (durable water repellent) finish and fully taped seams keep wetness out.
- Helmet compatible hood.
- Articulated sleeves for freedom of movement.
- Low profile cuffs work both over and under gloves.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets, 1 zippered sleeve pocket and 2 large chest pockets keep you organized.
- One of the chest pockets has an internal media pocket and cable routing.
- Internal drop-in pocket holds goggles or gloves.
- Interior loop connects to compatible ski pants.
- Cohesive, integrated, cordlock adjustment system at hem and hood.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Type||Waterproof-breathable softshell hybrid|
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.