Named for a fast train and built for missions that have speed worked into the plan. The MEC TGV Tent is a rugged shelter for stormy conditions, winter camping and pushing the boundaries of 3-season hiking. Its central hub design and low, wind-shedding profile withstand gusts coming from any direction. The guy out points have pre-attached lines and large loops that fit skis, so you can pin it down during storms. In extreme weather, internal anchor points can be tied off to the gear loft loops, creating a network of internal guylines. Internal guy lines greatly increase the tent’s ability to stand up to fierce winds, but can also make the interior of the tent feel a bit crowded. With room for both occupants to put their boots on, the front vestibule extends the practical living space. A hooded front vent and a vent in the rear vestibule can be adjusted from inside so you can cross-ventilate the interior and prevent overheating in warmer weather.
- Fly is lightweight, durable 40-denier polyester ripstop with an ether-type polyurethane waterproof coating.
- Floor is durable 70-denier nylon with a heavy-duty ether-type polyurethane waterproof coating.
- DriBase™ waterproof floor offers durable water protection throughout the lifetime of the tent.
- High strength DAC Pressfit aluminum poles with green anodizing stand up to storms.
- Front arch pole and hubbed main pole provides extra headroom, snow shedding capacity and stability in winds from all directions.
- Side-entry vestibule door provides a wide opening for easy entry.
- Interior arch-shaped door lets both occupants sit down by side in the opening.
- Vents in the interior door, vestibule and canopy create cross ventilation, can be closed completely from inside when the weather moves in.
- Pre-attached reflective guylines are positioned to provide add strength and support in windy conditions.
- Internal guylines can be tied off to provide extra rigidity in extreme conditions.
- Camcleat® guyline adjustments and reflective zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves on.
- Oversized stake-out loops let you use skis as pegs in snowy conditions. 13 aluminum J-stakes are included for snow-free campsites.
- 2 internal pockets keep you organized.
- Storage bag with side compression straps for compact carrying.
- Includes a pole repair sleeve, fabric repair swatches and a pole sack with integrated set up instructions.
- Footprint sold separately.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||40-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.05m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.6sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.