Named for a fast train and built for missions that have speed worked into the plan. The MEC TGV Tent is a rugged shelter built for stormy conditions, winter camping and pushing the boundaries of 3-season hiking. Its central hub design and low, wind-shedding profile withstand gusts coming from any direction. The guy out points have pre-attached lines and large loops that fit skis, so you can pin it down during storms. With room for 2 people to put their boots on, the front and rear vestibules extend the practical living space. A hooded front vent and a vent in the rear vestibule can be adjusted from inside so you can cross-ventilate the interior and prevent overheating when sleeping out in warmer weather.
- Fly is lightweight, durable 40-denier polyester ripstop with an ether-type polyurethane waterproof coating.
- Floor is durable 70-denier nylon with a heavy-duty ether-type polyurethane waterproof coating.
- High strength DAC Pressfit aluminum poles with green anodizing stand up to storms.
- 4-pole dome structure provides extra headroom, snow shedding capacity and stability in winds from all directions.
- Side-entry vestibule doors provides a wide opening for easy entry.
- Interior arch-shaped doors lets two occupants sit down by side in the opening.
- Vents in the canopy create cross ventilation and can be closed down completely from inside when the weather moves in. Wind lip construction is designed to catch the wind and lift the top of the tent up, rather than letting it collapse downwards when it's really blowing out.
- Pre-attached reflective guylines are positioned to provide add strength and support in windy conditions.
- Cam cleat guyline adjustments and reflective zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves on.
- Oversized stake-out loops let you use skis as pegs in snowy conditions. 20 aluminum J-stakes are included for snow-free campsites.
- Four internal pockets keep you organized.
- Storage bag with side compression straps for compact carrying.
- Includes a pole repair sleeve, fabric repair swatches and a pole sack with integrated set up instructions.
- Footprint sold separately.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||40-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.3m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||1.8sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||1.8sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.
|Additional feature(s)||Footprint sold separately|