A burly expedition shelter for places where Mother Nature really throws it down. Heading to Denali or Mount Logan? The MEC Nunatak has been wind-tunnel- and snow-load-tested to simulate the high-elevation storms and exposed glacier settings you'll encounter. The dome structure offers a reasonable amount of headroom and living space, without compromising its wind-shedding ability or making it a beast that's too heavy to pack. Guy-out points with pre-attached lines, plus large loops to fit skis, let you pin it down during storms. With a snow skirt and room for both occupants to put on their boots, the front vestibule extends the practical space. A rear vestibule adds gear storage and gives you a back hatch to exit from during the night.
- Fly is lightweight, durable 40-denier polyester ripstop with an ether-type polyurethane waterproof coating.
- Floor is durable 70-denier nylon with a heavy-duty ether-type polyurethane waterproof coating.
- High-strength DAC Pressfit aluminum poles with green anodizing.
- 4-pole dome structure provides headroom, snow-shedding capacity and stability in wind from any direction.
- Large, side-entry front vestibule with hooped pole. Secondary rear door and vestibule for extra storage and exit options.
- Side-loading pole sleeves lets you set up the tent solo, even in windy conditions. (Just peg it down first!)
- Snow skirts on the front vestibule keep blowing snow out and warmth in.
- Interior arch-shaped door opening allows 2 people to sit side by side.
- Pre-attached reflective guylines are positioned to add strength and support in windy conditions.
- Cam cleat guyline adjustments and reflective zipper pulls are easy to use with gloves on.
- Oversized stake-out loops let you use skis as pegs in snowy conditions. 18 aluminum J-stakes are included for snow-free campsites.
- 4 internal pockets keep you organized.
- Storage bag with side compression straps for compact carrying.
- Includes a pole repair sleeve, fabric repair swatches and a pole sack with set up instructions.
- Footprint sold separately.
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||40-denier nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Nylon no-see-um mesh|
|Floor fabric||70-denier nylon|
|Floor coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||40-denier polyester ripstop|
|Fly coating||Ether-type polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.11m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.4sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.9sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.