Sometimes you can't wait for a good weather window, and head out when clouds are lurking. These waterproof-breathable pants are a solution for hiking, backpacking or walking around town. When the sun comes out again, simply fold them into their own pocket and stash them in your pack.
- Fabric uses lightweight 2.5-layer GORE-TEX® Paclite waterproof-breathable technology with fully taped seams for complete weather protection.
- Elastic waist with drawcord adjustment lets you fine-tune the fit.
- YKK® AquaGuard ¾-length side zips for venting.
- Articulated knees and gusseted crotch for good range of motion.
- Back pocket doubles as a stuff sack and has an integrated carabiner loop.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||50-denier polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||¾-length leg zips|
|Pockets||1 back zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.