MEC Synergy Gore-Tex Pants - Men's
- Available prices Clearance price $227.47 From $227.47 to $324.95 $227.47 – $324.95
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
All-mountain hard shell pants with waterproof-breathable versatility for experience-hungry skiers. Breathable 3-layer fabric makes these "the" choice for backcountry days that might serve up sleet delivered on a bed of Arctic wind. A minimalist design keeps the weight down so you can move fast to outpace the worst of the weather.
- Made of supple GORE-TEX® fabric that offers excellent breathability and withstands full-on weather and rough terrain.
- Front fly with snaps and a water-resistant Uretek coated zip.
- Front pockets have coated, water-resistant zips and hidden bellows for added volume. Right pocket has an internal mesh pocket that holds large smart phones.
- Articulated knees for a full range of motion.
- Thigh vents with water resistant zips let you dump heat on the uptrack.
- Insteps have burly polyester and Kevlar kick patches.
- Hem is shock cord adjustable.
- Internal gaiters have silicone gripper elastic to keep them in place and a pull tab for easy ski to walk mode transitions while wearing gloves.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Tall inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. If your leg length exceeds the regular inseam measurement on this chart, pick a 'tall' size if available. Not all pants are offered in 'tall' sizes.