All-mountain hard shell pants with waterproof-breathable versatility for experience-hungry skiers. Breathable 3-layer fabric makes these "the" choice for backcountry days that might serve up sleet delivered on a bed of Arctic wind. A minimalist design keeps the weight down so you can move fast to outpace the worst of the weather.
- Made of supple GORE-TEX® fabric that offers excellent breathability and withstands full-on weather and rough terrain.
- Front fly with snaps and a water-resistant Uretek coated zip.
- Front pockets have coated, water-resistant zips and hidden bellows for added volume. Right pocket has an internal mesh pocket that holds large smart phones.
- Articulated knees for a full range of motion.
- Thigh vents with water resistant zips let you dump heat on the uptrack.
- Insteps have burly polyester and Kevlar kick patches.
- Hem is shock cord adjustable.
- Internal gaiters have silicone gripper elastic to keep them in place and a pull tab for easy ski to walk mode transitions while wearing gloves.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.