MEC Synergy GORE-TEX Jacket - Men's
MEC Synergy GORE-TEX Jacket - Men's
- Available prices $399.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A windproof, waterproof barrier designed for skiers and climbers. Our Synergy Jacket uses a lightweight, supple and packable face fabric that doesn't compromise on durability. This pared-down shell uses GORE-TEX®, the gold standard of waterproof-breathable technology. Great alpine-specific features include harness-accessible pockets, a high collar to keep out blowing snow, and a hood with cordlock adjustments that's helmet compatible.
- Made of 70-denier nylon with a GORE-TEX PTFE laminate and DWR (durable water repellent) finish for superior waterproofness and breathability.
- GORE-TEX C-Knit lining is soft on skin while reducing weight and increasing breathability.
- Fully seam-taped construction to keep you dry and comfortable in howling conditions.
- Climbing helmet-compatible hood has embedded Cohaesive cordlock adjustments for a snag-free profile.
- Water-resistant front zip is glued in place and has an inner storm flap to keep precipitation from sneaking in.
- Underarm vents have 2-way watertight zips, for releasing heat and perspiration.
- Cuffs are gusseted to fit gloves and secure with Velcro® tabs.
- 2 chest pockets have water-resistant zippers and zipper garages, and expand to hold bulky items like gloves.
- Chest pockets are accessible when you have on a harness or hipbelt.
- 1 stretch woven interior zippered pocket.
- Shock-cord adjustable hem with embedded Cohaesive cordlock adjustment.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate it under snow. Recco tech is not a substitute for avalanche-skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.