A windproof, waterproof barrier designed for skiers and climbers. Our Synergy Jacket uses a lightweight, supple and packable face fabric that doesn't compromise on durability. This pared-down shell uses GORE-TEX®, the gold standard of waterproof-breathable technology. Great alpine-specific features include harness-accessible pockets, a high collar to keep out blowing snow, and a hood with cordlock adjustments that's helmet compatible.
- Made of 70-denier nylon with a GORE-TEX PTFE laminate and DWR (durable water repellent) finish for superior waterproofness and breathability.
- GORE-TEX C-Knit lining is soft on skin while reducing weight and increasing breathability.
- Fully seam-taped construction to keep you dry and comfortable in howling conditions.
- Climbing helmet-compatible hood has embedded Cohaesive cordlock adjustments for a snag-free profile.
- Water-resistant front zip is glued in place and has an inner storm flap to keep precipitation from sneaking in.
- Underarm vents have 2-way watertight zips, for releasing heat and perspiration.
- Cuffs are gusseted to fit gloves and secure with Velcro® tabs.
- 2 chest pockets have water-resistant zippers and zipper garages, and expand to hold bulky items like gloves.
- Chest pockets are accessible when you have on a harness or hipbelt.
- 1 stretch woven interior zippered pocket.
- Shock-cord adjustable hem with embedded Cohaesive cordlock adjustment.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate it under snow. Recco tech is not a substitute for avalanche-skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.