So compact and light, you'll have to check twice to make sure it's in your pack. The Talon Light +5C is an ultralight sleeping bag designed for the kind of backpackers and bikepackers who cut off their toothbrush handles to save weight. The 800-fill-power down keeps you warm on summer nights, and you can stretch it into shoulder season by wearing your down jacket. Best of all, the Talon Light packs down to about the size of a 1L water bottle.
- Super lightweight 15-denier Pertex Quantum mini-ripstop nylon has a DWR treatment for water resistance.
- 800-fill-power grey goose down meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Sewn-through construction saves weight.
- Full-length zipper wraps around the footbox so you can open the bag fully to use it as a quilt.
- Hood and shoulder drawcords have different profiles, so you can tell them apart in the dark.
- Includes a stuff sack and a home storage sack.
- Use with the Talon Light Double Converter (sold separately) to create an ultralight sleep system for two.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Insulation||800+ fill-power goose down|
|Face fabric||15-denier nylon|
|Packed size||16 x 32cm|
The thickness or puffiness of a bag – a key factor in determing a bag's warmth.
EN Comfort Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Comfort Rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average woman (or "cold sleeper") comfortable.
EN Limit Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Limit Rating is the lowest temperature at the average man (or "warm sleeper) can sleep in a curled body position for 8 hours without feeling cold.
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.