Ridley X-Night 105 with hydro brakes - Unisex
If you've been dreaming of mud, rain and coming-in-too-hot dismounts all summer long, the X-Night is for you. Born in Belgium and proven by professionals, this bike leverages a host of cross-specific details to deliver a stellar CX machine. The shortened top tube results in precise cornering when navigating tight switchbacks or low-speed technical lines. Raised bottom bracket provides ample room for clearing obstacles without the risk of pedal strikes or terrifying BB clunks. For ultra-technical training rides or races, intentionally flexy seatstays help reduce vibration and chudder without sacrificing stiffness. Cross-specific details include top tube diameters, sized for each frame, that accommodate different hand sizes, and internal cable routing for snag-free shouldering when clearing obstacles or crushing run-ups. As an added bonus, this CX weapon is future-proofed for electronic shifting compatibility.
- High modulus unidirectional carbon frame with shortened top tube and raised bottom bracket designed specifically for CX.
- Full carbon fibre fork with carbon steer tube.
- BB30 bottom bracket sheds grams, provides a narrow q-factor and sprint-ready stiffness.
- Tapered head tube improves stiffness while saving weight.
- Shimano 105 11-speed drivetrain provides solid and precise shifting in a lightweight package with an ultra-comfortable lever feel.
- Shimano 105 hydraulic brakes provide big power and nuanced modulation in all conditions.
- CX ready 46/36 crank and 11-28t cassette means a gear range ready for every kind of ride.
- 4ZA Stratos stems and handlebars are designed with race performance in mind.
- Thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- Fulcrum Racing Sport DB CX wheels survive the rigours of cross, training and hard winter riding.
- Clement MXP tires are a solid all-rounders for racing and training.
- Internally routed cables are aerodynamic, shoulder-friendly and compatible with electronic or mechanical setups.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and their own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Night Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano 105 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer 46-36T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF30|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-28T|
|Tires||Clement MXP 700 x 33|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing Sport DB|
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.