MEC Mini Toaster Parka - Infants
MEC Mini Toaster Parka - Infants
- Available prices Clearance price $34.00 $34.00
- Original price $85.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Cannot be shipped to USA.
Knowing that the comfort of the youngest members of the tribe can make or break a winter trip, we created a mini-version of the best-selling Toaster Parka. It offers more mobility and options than a bunting suit, and delivers excellent protection from cold, wind, wet and snow. Its unique interior construction keeps insulation close around the torso and body, leaving the arms insulated but still free to move. The exterior is waterproof and uses a DWR treatment to keep it clean and keep rain (or juice) from working its way in.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 150-denier 2-layer polyester with a polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Recycled polyester lining glides over layers.
- Insulated with 240g MEC™ Hyperloft. Built-in insulated vest traps heat next to the core while leaving the insulated arms free to move.
- Hood has internal elastic to seal in heat.
- Full-coverage storm flap on front zipper, secured with snaps.
- Hand-me-down ID label.
|Face fabric||Polyester + polyurethane|
|Insulation||240g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.