Get ready to rail in these durable ski pants. The 2-layer waterproof-breathable construction has a smooth polyester lining that glides over your base layers. The silhouette allows movement for any run or won't impede your tricks either. Packed with functional design details including outer thigh zips, pockets to stash your chairlift snacks and loops to attach a jacket. Snow gaiters keep out rogue powder.
- Fabric is 2-layer waterproof-breathable polyester that's supple, and lightweight. Recycled polyester inner lining.
- Belt loops and adjustable hook and loop tabs at the waist let you personalize the fit.
- Zippered thigh pockets add storage options and include a key clip.
- Outer zippered thigh vents allow heat to escape.
- Internal snow gaiters with gripper elastic hug your boots and keep out snow.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees keep you free to move.
- Loops attach the pants to compatible jackets.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacon, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry."
|Ideal for||Downhill skiing|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.