A premium, technical hard shell for big-mountain or freeride missions. The 3-layer GORE-TEX® C-Knit has a unique knit polyester liner that offers softness and breathability that excels in high-intensity situations. Carefully considered details include zippered chest pockets where you can stash your skins, a watertight zip, articulated sleeves and a removable powder skirt – for the legendary deep snows of Japan's Mount Yotei.
- 3-layer nylon GORE-TEX C-knit fabric has fully taped waterproof seams, yet is exceptionally breathable during high output.
- Polyester knit liner is soft to the touch, without the crinkle of traditional 3-layer fabrics.
- Hood is helmet compatible.
- Articulated sleeves provide added flexibility on involved approaches or descents.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs have stretchy internal cuffs to seal out drafts.
- Underarm zips for extra ventilation.
- Water-resistant YKK front zip.
- 2 external zippered pockets are large enough to accommodate skins.
- Zippered arm pocket holds your ski pass.
- Removable powder skirt seals out clouds of powder.
- Integrated snaps attach to compatible snowpants.
- Reflective details.
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.