A lightweight and surprisingly versatile soft shell that's wind-resistant and breathable. Elastane infused nylon and polyester shell shuts out the wind, while still allowing a full range of dynamic movement. Mesh-lined pocket vents and a one-hand adjustable hood let you make tweaks mid-stride.
- Stretch woven soft shell blends nylon, polyester and elastane for excellent breathability, weather-resistance and durability.
- Soft polyester liner is bonded to outer fabric.
- Helmet compatible hood can be adjusted with one hand.
- Adjustable cuffs work with a variety of handwear.
- External zippered chest pocket houses essentials.
- Mesh-lined hand pockets double as vents and are set high above a harness or hipbelt.
- Drawcord adjustable hem seals out errant clouds of powder.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.