Salomon Speedtrak Trail Running Shoes - Men's
Mud, mud, glorious mud. You're unfazed by it, but are your runners? When trail conditions get wet and muddy, these low-profile and lightweight shoes dig in to deliver traction.
- Synthetic anti-debris mesh upper with protective toecap.
- Sensifit construction wraps foot with synthetic overlays to provide a precise, secure fit and abrasion protection.
- Quicklace systems with reduced-friction lace eyelets for lacing up fast.
- Tongue covers keep out debris and incorporate lace garages.
- Midsoles are dual-density moulded EVA, with EVA shaped footbeds.
- Low stack height features a 6mm drop.
- Winter Contragrip® Mud and Snow outsoles are lightweight and aggressively lugged for traction on loose or mucky surfaces.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.